Okay, so you've decided either way that you're gonna get some exercise in and you've decided that the gym is the right place for you to obtain your goals. That's great, gym's are amazing places of activity 'grunt', 'sweat' and some really cool equipment.
If you're new to the gym there are some rules you need to follow to ensure that you don't fall foul of the accepted rules and regulations, and p*** other users off.
1. Don't block someone's view of a mirror
2. Don't drop equipment
3. Keep straining noises down
4. Check equipment is free first before using
5. Stay out of of heavy lifters eye-line
6. Don't use your phone
7. No excessive selfies
8. Be aware of your surroundings
9. No eating while exercising
10. Bring a towel and use it
11. Wipe down/clean equipment after you use it
12. Avoid chit-chat
And of course make sure you read and follow the specific rules of the gym you are using.